ONE Party believe that we can promote a new sustainable model of care for the COVID-19 (SARS COV2) pandemic. The current model is unsustainable, and we cannot continue to lock down our nation of Aotearoa New Zealand every time there is a new outbreak of COVID-19 (possibly for the next few years). We will abandon Labour’s lockdown model that has accelerated the pending health crisis (mental and physical) such as suicides, substance abuse issues, home violence, depression, and anxiety, and has neglected people who are dying from other medical conditions due to consequences of physical and financial lockdown.
ONE Party rejects the COVID-19 Public Health Response Act 2020, which gives government extraordinary powers and removes individual rights and freedoms. We reject the way the government continues to spread fear that holds the country hostage. There are options.
ONE Party supports:
- Provision of a workable solution and restoration of the hope and future of all New Zealanders
- Early treatment of high-risk patients who develop symptoms associated with COVID-19, (within 5-7 days) with a ‘cocktail’ of medication consisting of Hydroxychloroquine, (hereafter referred to as HCQ), Ivermectin, Zinc and Azithromycin
- Availability of this ‘cocktail’ at no cost to all medical outlets such as GPs, pharmacies and hospitals. Remember this is only a 5-7-day treatment, not long term
- The non-mandatory use of face masks.
ONE Party will:
- Repeal the COVID-19 Public Health Response Act 2020
- Protect the most vulnerable (that is people over 70 years old and people with co-morbidities)
- Free the misdirection of resources to focus more on the vulnerable and not the healthy
- Free the younger people (under 60 years) to live a normal life, to work and provide an income for themselves and their families, with appropriate standard social distancing and sanitation.
- Rebuild the economy by enabling people to be productive again, without locking down businesses, borrowing billions of dollars and handing it out, which is putting a crippling debt on us and our future generations
- Review RT PCR (Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction) to see if it is the best test available and investigate other options
- Encourage businesses and workplaces to continue, but with wisdom on how they operate safely, protecting both staff and customers/clients
- Require all would-be passengers attempting to travel to New Zealand to produce a medical document proving they have been tested for any viral infection and shown to be negative, and that document must be dated less than three days prior to travel.
- Immediately deport anyone whose documents are found to be fraudulent, and re-entry to New Zealand will not be considered for a period of ten years
- Require all would-be passengers to New Zealand to have their temperature taken and recorded prior to boarding their plane, and on arrival at their New Zealand ports of entry
- Require all would-be passengers to New Zealand to produce proof of travel insurance, which must include provision for the full costs of quarantine should that be required on entry and provide coverage for the full term of their visit to New Zealand. Medical costs incurred by visitors to New Zealand will not be met by the taxpayer but by the visitor and their insurers. The only exception to this policy will be citizens from Commonwealth nations in the South Pacific.
How ONE Party can do this:
- Monitor our borders more diligently
- Tighten up managed care for all rest homes throughout NZ. We have protocols in place already as we have been doing this for years for seasonal Influenza outbreaks
- Provide HCQ and Zinc as prophylaxis to all frontline health workers if they want it. New Zealand used HCQ as a treatment for SARS COV1 in 2005. Dr Simone Gold, Board Certified ED Physician in the USA points out, SARS COV2 is 78% identical to SARS COV1. It is wrong to call it ‘novel’. This has been proved to be a successful treatment worldwide in countries such as Switzerland, Senegal, Nigeria, and India in stemming the ‘cytokine storm’ that develops from the viral replication if treatment is commenced early (within the first 5-7 days)
- Encourage the healthy population to exercise as it stimulates the thymus gland, which produces T and B lymphocytes for immunity response
- Encourage standard social distancing and sanitisation practices
- Establish a medical/epidemiological group, independent of government influence and control, as an advisory panel
The government must protect and facilitate the well-respected physician /patient relationship by permitting physicians to treat their patients. Governmental obfuscation and obstruction are as lethal as the cytokine storm. Locking down NZ, while awaiting an imperfect vaccine has done far more damage to NZ than the Corona virus.
INFORMATION AND REFERENCES
- HCQ is a safe drug used in correct doses. It has been used as an ‘on label’ drug for Malaria for 65 years and used as an ‘off label’ drug for Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus for over 40 years. It is tried and tested.
- Can use Doxycycline if there are QT interval concerns on ECG.
- Plaquanil (HCQ) has been used in NZ safely for many years, with a good safety profile. There have been no studies prior to COVID-19 that have ever shown that it is dangerous to use, especially in the area of cardio toxicity.
- Dr Harvey Risch, renowned epidemiologist from Yale University in the USA, published a paper in May 2020 in the American Journal of Epidemiology, stating unequivocal evidence for early and safe use of the “HCQ Cocktail”, after evaluating research data and study designs in at least 10 studies. This article was republished in Newsweek Magazine in July 2020. He estimates cardiac death from HCQ to be 9/100,000 using data from FDA. This is a much better outcome than death from COVID-19 in older patients, with co-morbidities of about 15%.
- A paper from Baylor by Dr McCullough et al describes established mechanisms by which components of the “HCQ Cocktail” exert anti-viral effects.
- There is significant evidence, during this pandemic, that hundreds of non-academic private practicing physicians are achieving the same good outcomes for COVID-19 with early use of this “cocktail”.
- Dr Thomas Frieden in New England Journal of Medicine in 2017 states ‘practice-based evidence’ is essential to many discoveries, such as some cancer drugs and Penicillin, for example, and that randomised clinical trials (RCT) are not the only form of evidence to scientifically validate a treatment. This is true for the “HCQ Cocktail”.
- The frontline doctors who use “HCQ Cocktail”, have no financial vested interest, so are standing up for the safety of their patients.
Finally, as Dr Harvey Risch’s Newsweek article declares, “The key to defeating COVID-19 already exists. We need to start using it!!”